I thought that title would be a little more convincing than "Creature Compendium Contest" since no one probably has a clue what that is. Haha. . . Ahem.
Welcome one and all! Creature designers and extraordinaires, creative geniuses and artists, come to compete in ChroniclesOfYugure
's first contest! Here we will explore your minds and expand our creative juices. Here, we will make creature-designing history! Bring in the tiffany drums!
What goes into making a species? A lot of time and planning, out course, and a wee pinch of creativity. But what goes into making a Yugurian species? Well, you will have to know that to compete in this little contest, because the winner will have their species intricate into the next Gaggle,
along with their choice of some other neat prizes! Let's look at the guidelines.
1. The design must appear realistic (not to the point of bland, everyday animals, but a moderate amount of realism) and be explained by some form of logic.If your creature is a stone golem that has floating appendages, how and why is this possible? How does a creature made of stone live and function? Is a stone creature really possible, or is there some smaller creature living inside the stones, allowing it to thrive?
2. Any abilities the creature possesses must, once again, be explained by science or some form of logic. See the pattern starting here?If your creature can breathe fire, how do they not burn their tongue? Where does the fire come from? If your creature can conduct lightning, how does the process work?
3. Creatures of Yugure have no magic! So please no magical backgrounds, unless however
, it is merely a cultural viewpoint of the species and can still be explained by science/logic.If your creature believes that their ability to ignite themselves is magic but in all reality is just friction between molecules causing excess heat and then ignition then this is fine.
4. Get creative! I want to see you go to the very depths of your creative pool to discover things you would have never thought to make. The more creative and interesting the species is, the more likely the creature will be picked as the winner! I'm looking for some real creativity here.
5. For later contests, you may use a previous entry if that entry had not placed. If you had won the previous contest, please be polite and let others get the chance to win.
PrizesHow to enter: Share this journal with your dA friends and give a comment below! You must be a member and/or watcher of You may either PM me EnokiGryphoclaw or comment your entry under your first post.
1st Place: Have their creature design drawn by Enoki and placed in the next Gaggle; may create their own private mutation for their species for they alone to use; one full ticket to spend or save for skin or mutation/sub-species packs, or a Fabled Class species.
2nd Place: Two ticket pieces and a headshot drawn of one of their Yugure characters or a custom adopt of one of the present Gaggle species.
3rd Place: One ticket piece and whichever option that the 2nd place winner did not choose.
Three ticket pieces create a whole ticket.
(Can't find my old status that had the volunteer and I'm pretty sure this is the right floof, note me if this wasn't you.)